Friday, February 8, 2013

Triple Layered Pudding-A Cook ’n’ Cackle Special



Like I mentioned in my previous post I had some more whip topping left after I made my Strawberry Jelly Parfait. I did not know what to do with it. Then I saw a packet of custard powder safely stashed away in my pantry. Why not combine both these ingredients and make my own dessert ?.What if I added some crunchy butter cookies to it….all of them layered into a glass….seemed like a good venture to pursue this morning….



I had just finished making my strawberry jelly parfait and was already famished. But the thought of giving life to my own recipe sparked my enthusiasm and I got back to work.




I made the custard first with the packet of readymade store brought custard mix and let it cool. The biscuit crumbs were ready in minutes. The butterscotch sauce tasted good, spreading a rich aroma all around the place and out came my big bowl of jelly whip cream mix.





I decided to assemble the pudding in a tall glass that could accommodate all the three layers. At the end of it my pudding looked attractive and colourful. When I dipped my long tailed spoon into its triple layered sweetness and scooped out a little bit of the biscuit crumbs with the custard and whip topping I was elated. My pudding passed the tounge tickling test.It was yum yum…Yipee

.



This is how I made my Triple layered pudding…
1st layer
Buttercookies-16(I used Milk Bikis)
Butter-2 tbsp.
Butterscotch Sauce
Sugar-1/2 cup
Butter-1 tbsp
Condensed milk/milk-1/2 cup
Butterscotch essence-2 drops
2nd layer –Custard
Readymade custard powder-1 packet
Sugar –as per taste
3rd layer-Whip topping and Jelly mix
Readymade Jelly powder-1/2 packet
Sugar-1/4 cup or more+3/4 the cup for whip cream
Whip cream-1-1/2 cup

Method
1st layer
Crumble the biscuits.
Add butter in a non-stick pan. Add the crumbled biscuits and stir till it is crunchy.
Butter scotch sauce
In a non-stick pan add ½ cup sugar. Stir till it becomes light golden brown.
Add butter. After it melts add condensed milk or milk.
Stir in low heat till it becomes like sauce.
Add butterscotch essence.
2nd Layer
Make custard as per instructions on the pack. Add required sugar. Stir well. Allow to cool.
3rd layer
Follow instructions on the packet to make jelly.
Refrigerate till chill but liquid.
Whip the whip topping. Add sugar and whip again till soft peaks are formed.
Add jelly to the above. Transfer to the fridge.
Assemble
Mix the biscuit crumbs and butterscotch sauce. Layer it at the bottom of a tall glass .Alternatively you can layer biscuits and pour butterscotch sauce over it. Refrigerate 15 to 20 minutes or till set.
Then add custard on top. Refrigerate till set (do not freeze).
After custard is set top with jelly whip topping mix and serve cold with chopped strawberries.




7 comments: